If you’re like most of us, you won’t be traveling overseas to watch the Tokyo Olympics (7/23 – 8/8) this year, but fortunately, you can transport yourself and your taste buds with a toast to your favorite athletes or home teams with spirits and cocktail recipes from around the globe.
- Team USA: Cutwater Spirits , Seagram’s Vodka, Woodford Reserve and Fishers Island Lemonade
- Team Australia: Starward Whisky
- Team Brazil: Novo Fogo
- Team France: Licence IV Wine
- Team Ireland: Proper No. Twelve
- Team Mexico: Tanteo Tequila, Los Arango Tequila, Tequila Corralejo, and Flecha Azul Tequila
- Team Scotland: Benriach & The GlenDronach
Cutwater Pina Colada (13% ABV)
Made with Cutwater’s award-winning rum, ripe pineapple notes are balanced by smooth & creamy coconut for a refreshing escape — no blender required.
Woodford Reserve Bourbon Porch Swing
- 1/2 oz. Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 3/4 oz. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz. Honey
- 6 oz. Peach Tea
Method: Combine ingredients into a tall glass and stir. Garnish with a slice of peach or lemon wheel.
Starward Sweet Cherry Smash
- 1.5 oz. Starward Two-Fold Australian Whisky
- 1 oz. Cherry Jam
- 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 oz. Soda Water
Method: Combine whisky, jam, and lime juice in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain over fresh ice in a stemless wine glass. Top with soda water and garnish with 2 brandy cherries on a skewer and a mint sprig. Enjoy!
Novo Fogo Paraná Punch
- 1.5 oz Novo Fogo Chameleon Cachaça
- 1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 oz Erva-Mate Tea Syrup (recipe below)
- 1.5 oz Sparkling Wine
- 5 Fresh Mint Leaves, plus extra for garnish
- Lemon Twist, garnish
Directions: Add all ingredients except for sparkling wine in a shaker and shake with ice. Pour over ice and top with sparkling wine, stirring to combine. Garnish with fresh mint and lemon twist.
Erva-Mate tea Syrup
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 bags mate tea bags (such as Guayaki)
Directions: Combine ingredients to make a hot syrup for 15-20 minutes, then remove the tea bags and chill the syrup for up to two weeks.
At Partake, we are beer lovers first. We’re on a mission to transform the non-alcoholic beer experience so fellow beer lovers can enjoy a great-tasting beer that pairs perfectly with every occasion, no matter the reason for cutting back on alcohol. Partake Brewing has become a leader in craft non-alcoholic beer in North America with distribution in major retailers across Canada and the United States. Brewed using a proprietary process, Partake Brewing is praised by customers for its unique combination of exceptional flavor, classic styles, and game-changing nutrition.
- New Limited-Edition Partake LIME is light, fresh, and flavourful with hints of zesty citrus. Each sip is met with a crisp zing and a clean finish.
- Partake RADLER, a blend of cold-press juices and citrus zest with the Blonde Lager all make for perfect summer sips.
Licence IV is an accessible, high-end line of fine French wines offered in 1-liter bottles and cans, named for the permit in France allowing businesses to serve alcohol. Produced by small, family-owned wineries, Licence IV changes the idea that French wine is intimidating and instead encourages drinkers to take life easy and enjoy on any occasion with ones you call mes amis.
- Blanc (SRP: $5.99 for 250ml cans, $21.99 for 1L bottle) – The first muscadet available in a can,
- Rosé (SRP: $5.99 for 250ml cans, $21.99 for 1L bottle)
- Rouge (SRP: $5.99 for 250ml cans, $21.99 for 1L bottle)
Proper No. Twelve Proper Palmer
- 2 oz Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
- 2 oz Lemonade
- 2 oz Iced Tea
Method: Pour Proper No. Twelve over ice. Add lemonade and iced tea. Stir. Garnish with a lemon slice.
- 2 oz Portofino Dry Gin
- 1/2 oz Italicus or other bergamot liqueur
- 2 dashes of lavender bitter
Method: Pour into a large glass filled with ice, top with Prosecco, and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Tanteo Tequila Jalapeno Spicy Watermelon Margarita
- 2 oz. Tanteo Jalapeño Tequila
- 1/2 oz. Domaine De Canton
- 1 oz. Fresh Watermelon
- 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
- 1/4 oz. Agave Nectar
Method: Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with a watermelon slice.
GlenDronach Rob Roy
- 1 oz. Vermouth
- ¾ oz. The GlenDronach Original Aged 12 Years
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Garnish: Brandied Cherry
Method: Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Stir until very cold and strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with a cherry.