As one of the most popular fruits in the world, it’s only fitting for mango to have a day dedicated to all things mango – National Mango Day on July 22nd!
Grand Lux Cafe has created a special cocktail to celebrate National Mango Day, made with Crop Organic Meyer Lemon Vodka, Fresh Lime, Mango, and Fever-Tree Ginger Beer, and this refreshing drink is the perfect summer sipper and a great way to ring in the holiday!
Grand Lux Cafe Mango Mule Recipe
- 1 oz. Fresh Mango – preferably ripe to overripe
- 1 ½ oz. Citrus Vodka – we recommend Crop Organic Meyer Lemon
- ½ oz. Orange Liqueur – such as Triple Sec or Cointreau
- ½ oz. Simple Syrup (1:1 ratio)
- ½ oz. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice – approximately the juice from half a lemon
- 2 oz. Ginger Beer – we recommend Fever Tree Ginger Beer
Directions: In a mixing tin, combine the Mango, Citrus Vodka, and Orange Liqueur. Muddle the Mango until it is well broken down – this will help infuse the flavor into the liquors. Add the Simple Syrup and Fresh Lemon Juice to the shaker tin along with enough ice to fill the tin. Cap the tin and shake the cocktail quickly, 6-8 times to fully chill all the ingredients. Add the Ginger Beer to the tin and then pour the drink into a Mule Mug or pint glass.