The World Health Organization says that by 2030, depression will be a leading cause of disability globally. It’s a predominant mental problem that is also known to cause early deaths. Recent studies by the Harvard Mental Health show that yoga can significantly reduce the impact of stress, anxiety, and depression.
Yoga also improves energy as it’s a self-soothing technique closely similar to exercise, relaxation, and meditation.
A Background on Depression
Clinically, depression is expressed by symptoms like;
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Persistent low moods
- Ideation of suicide and self-harm
- Lack of motivation
- Unexplained weight loss or weight gain
- Not being interested in hobbies and activities that previously brought enjoyment
These symptoms reflect through social ramifications like avoidance of friends and family. Patients also deteriorate in performance and no longer partake in social events. Fortunately, yoga can be a means through which to treat depression and minimize the symptoms.
How Yoga Helps Depression
Regular exercise is one of the recommendations for improving health and overall mood. Yoga qualifies as exercise and just aerobic exercise; it helps release mood-elevating chemicals in the brain. These endorphins decrease the effects of the stress hormone.
Yoga classes, in all its various forms, benefits the body by stretching and strengthening it. It gets your heart pumping, and the muscles contract in motion, creating a positive connection between the spirit and the body.
Yoga is more effective in treating depression when you incorporate healing crystals for depression. When you sit at your favorite meditation garden or corner to start your yoga session, consider having one of the many healing crystals available.
You can choose from these gems which are quite useful for depression:
1. Bronzite that works as an anti-depression super stone. It is believed to bring hope to the user and empowers the soul to overcome feats, helplessness, and indecisiveness. Also known as the Stone of Focused Energy, the stone helps to align thoughts and actions.
2. Pink Opal is used to heal emotional pain and trauma. It has soft, feminine vibrations that pair well with the Bronzite stone with masculine energy. The stone revolves around forgiveness, generosity, compromise, and love. Its power serves to ease emotional wounds and panic.
3. Yellow Quartz that comes as a radiant stone, is used to bring the energy of the sun. It’s the best crystal for depression, and with its help, you experience more happiness, joy, and vitality. The stone improves your sense of self-worth and reduces symptoms of burnout. You thus approach the world with radiance, light, and happiness.
4. Blue Goldstone is the stone of confidence that provides a boost of courage and motivation. It’s also full of ambitious energy through which you can make all your dreams come true. It works to grant desires and wishes while promoting self-discovery. For all these reasons, it’s one of the best crystals for treating depression.
If you’re looking for a non-medical way to deal with depression, start practicing yoga. Its practice releases positive energy that motivates you to be a better version of yourself. When combined with the various healing crystals, yoga harmonizes your body, spirit, and mind.