Are you celebrating Independence Day this weekend? If so, you’ll definitely want to check out Saint Liberty Whiskey.
Saint Liberty, an all-American whiskey brand is a perfect complement to any celebration. The most recently launched Bertie’s Bear Gulch, is 87 proof and perfect for any summer beverage. Packaged in a signature embossed coffin flask bottle, inspired by the antique bottles of the American frontier, Bertie’s bourbon offers flavors of rich dark molasse, caramelized vanilla, apricots, some burnt brown sugar and a hint of smoke on the finish.
BERTIE’S BERRY SMASH
- 2 ounces Bertie’s Bear Gulch whiskey
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon
- 3/4 ounce thyme syrup
- 4 drops Fee Brother’s orange bitters
- 2 strawberries (sliced & muddled)
- Strawberry for garnish
- Thyme for garnish
Method: In a cocktail shaker muddle strawberries and add fresh lemon, thyme syrup, and whiskey along with ice. Shake well and strain over crushed ice. Garnish with a sliced strawberry and thyme. (optional)
To make thyme simple syrup: Combine 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup very hot water & mix well. Place 1/4 cup fresh thyme into the mixture. Allow steeping for 30 minutes. Double strain into a clean container. Will keep for 3 weeks in a cool environment.
- 1.25 oz Saint Liberty Bertie’s Bear Gulch Bourbon
- .5 oz fresh Yuzu or lemon juice
- .75 Blackberry Syrup
- 2 oz Prosecco
- 2 Fresh or Frozen Blackberries for garnish
Method: Combine all ingredients in a shaker except the Prosecco. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds with cubed ice. Strain into flute and top with Prosecco and garnish with two blackberries.
* For blackberry syrup – make simple syrup yourself at home or purchase at your local store.
1) Combine Sugar & Water in a pot and bring it to a low boil to make the simple syrup. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Allow cooling.
2) Muddle blackberries at the bottom of a container. Add simple syrup to the container. Allow berries to macerate with the simple syrup for at least four hours. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer to remove pulp and seeds for the finished product.
SKINNY LIBERTY AMARETTO SOUR
- 1.5 oz of Bertie’s Bear Gulch Bourbon
- 1 oz of Amaretto Liqueur
- 2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz of agave syrup
Method: Combine ingredients into a cocktail shaker over ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain into a Collins glass over ice. Garnish with brandied cherries or spring of rosemary.