The Fourth of July is coming up soon, which means fireworks, maybe a small socially distanced gathering, or hanging poolside with some patriotic sips… and there’s no better time to start experimenting with new recipes than now! These star-spangled drink and cocktail recipes from Ocean Spray feature the crisp, clean taste of cranberries and are perfect for the upcoming holiday.
Fourth of July Fizz
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 1/2 cups Ocean Spray® Cran•America™ Juice Drink
- 2 cups blueberry vodka
- 2 1/2 cups ginger ale
- 2 1/2 cups club soda
- 1 lime, juiced
Directions: Smash blueberries into the bottom of a drink pitcher with a large spoon. Add the rest of the ingredients into the pitcher, stir and serve over ice. Serves 10.
Tip: Freeze extra juice in advance into ice cube trays to add to the pitcher to keep it cold without diluting.
For one serving: Add 2 tablespoons of blueberries to glass and smash with a spoon or fork. Add in 2 ounces of blueberry vodka, 1/4 cup of the juice, 2 ounces of ginger ale, 2 ounces of club soda and squeeze the juice of 1 lime wedge.
Red, White & Blue Pops
- 2 1/4 cups Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Cocktail or Cran-America™ Juice Drink or White Cranberry Juice Drink or 100% Cranberry Blackberry Juice Drink
- 6 frozen pop molds, 3 ounces each for decoration
- 6 wooden craft sticks for decoration
Directions: Pour juice cocktail into molds. Insert craft sticks and freeze for 4 hours or until completely firm.
To serve, dip outsides of molds into warm water to loosen. Makes 6 pops.
Patriotic Coolers with Independence Ice Cubes
- ICE CUBES
- 1 ice cube tray
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1/3 cup Ocean Spray® 100% Juice Cranberry Blackberry
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® White Cranberry Juice Drink
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- 2 cups Ocean Spray® White Cranberry Juice Drink
- 2 12 ounce cans lemon-lime flavored soda, chilled
Directions: Place 4 blueberries in each of 16 ice cube cups. Add about 1 teaspoon blackberry flavored juice. Freeze at least 1 hour or until solid. Add 1/2 tablespoon white cranberry drink to each cup. Freeze 1 hour or until solid. Top with 1/2 tablespoon cranberry beverage. Freeze at least 1 hour or until solid.
In each of 4 tall glasses, pour 1/2 cup white cranberry juice drink and 3/4 cup soda. Add ice cubes to each glass. Makes 4 servings.