Are you ready for Thanksgiving and all that it entails? You have the turkey, all of the essential ingredients for the side dishes and desserts, but what about the cocktails? No need to worry – we have you covered! Here is a list of cocktail recipes that can be enjoyed at Friendsgiving gatherings, Thanksgiving Eve, hot drinks for the morning-of, aperitif options, and dessert drinks to sip on post-feast. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
FRIENDSGIVING BATCH COCKTAILS
Little Bit Bittah – Created by Reyka Vodka Brand Ambassador Trevor Schneider
- 12 parts Reyka Vodka
- 9 parts Grapefruit Juice
- 3 parts Grenadine
- 3 parts Campari
Carpe Dia Punch
Method: Shake and strain into an iced rocks glass. Garnish with grapefruit wedge.
- 6 parts Milagro Añejo
- 3 parts hibiscus tea
- 3 parts ginger beer
- 3 parts fresh lime juice
- 1 part blackberry syrup
- Sage leaves
Method: Pour all ingredients, except ginger beer, in a punch bowl over a block of ice. Top with ginger beer and stir intermittently. Garnish with blackberries and sage.
- 6 oz Hendrick’s Gina
- 2 oz Maraschino Liqueur
- 2 oz Lemon juice
- 2 oz Elderflower Cordial
- 12 oz Sparkling apple cider
- Slices of fruit (apples, lemons, cucumber) to garnish
Method: Combine ingredients in a punch bowl over a block of ice. Ladle punch over ice a few times, garnish and serve.
Irish Tea-Se-Tea – Created by Tullamore D.E.W. Brand Ambassador Gillian Murphy
● 2 parts Tullamore D.E.W. Original
● 1.5 parts Irish Breakfast Tea
● .75 part lemon juice
● .75 party simple syrup
Method: Mint to garnish. Add all ingredients to a punch bowl. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint. Serve over ice in a wine glass.
- 1 part Fistftul of Bourbon
- 1 pumpkin ale
- 2 dashes of aromatic bitters
Method: Add 2 dashes of aromatic bitters to any quality pumpkin ale and drop Fistful of Bourbon into the beer. Drink and be merry.
THE MORNING WARM-UP
Fistful of PSL
Ingredients: (makes approximately 2 drinks)
- 1 part of Fistful of Bourbon
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup of coffee
Method: Add all ingredients except for the bourbon in a warming vessel – this could be a pot on the stove for a few minutes or in a bowl, covered with Saran Wrap, cut 3 slits, and microwave for 1 minute. Once warm, pour in Fistful of Bourbon and transfer into your favorite mug. Top with whip cream and dust with pumpkin spice.
- 2 parts Reyka
- 1 parts espresso
- .5 parts simple syrup
Method: Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake, strain into a martini glass, and garnish with espresso beans.
Spiced Hot Cider
- 1 part Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 4 parts Apple Cider
- ½ part Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons of Mulling Spices
Method: Heat all ingredients except Sailor Jerry on the stove until warm and fragrant. Pour into mugs, top with Sailor Jerry, lemon, and apple slices.
SKIP THE PIE (just kidding, obviously you should have both!)
Speyside Cowboy – Created by Glenfiddich Brand Ambassador Allan Roth
- 2 parts Glenfiddich 14 Year Old Bourbon Barrel Reserve
- ½ part Drambuie
- ¼ part coffee liqueur
- ¼ part demerara syrup
- 1 barspoon China China
- Egg white or chickpea water
- Coffee beans, to garnish
Method: Combine all ingredients except for the coffee beans in a shaker and shake to incorporate the egg white. Add ice and shake again. Pour into a coupe. Garnish with coffee beans.
- After dinner drink, espresso martini inspired
Select Cranberry Paloma – Created by Milagro Tequila
- 1 ½ parts Milagro Select Silver
- ¾ part fresh lime juice
- ¾ part cranberry juice
- ½ part thyme simple syrup
- 2 parts pink grapefruit soda
- Combine all ingredients except soda in a Boston shake and shake well. Strain into highball glass over fresh ice and garnish with cranberries.
Autumn Apple Snap – Created by Hendrick’s Gin
- 1 1/2 parts Hendrick’s Gin
- 3/4 part Lemon Juice
- 3/4 part Apple Juice or Apple Cider
- Top with Ginger Beer
- Apple Slices and Grated Nutmeg to Garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a highball glass filled with cubed ice and lightly churn. Garnish with apple slices and grated nutmeg.
Harvest Honey – Created by The Balvenie Brand Ambassador Naomi Leslie
- 2 oz The Balvenie Sweet Toast of American Oak 12 Year Old
- ½ oz Pineau des Charentes Dessert Wine
- 1 barspoon Spiced Honey
- 3 dashes Molasses Bitters
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass, add ice, and stir briefly. Strain into a coupe glass.