Great news for Toyota!
Earlier this week at Texas Auto Writers Association’s (TAWA) Texas Auto Roundup, Toyota earned three first-place awards with its 2019 Avalon (Full-Size Car), 2019 Corolla Hatchback (Compact Car), and 2018 Camry (Mid-Size Car). Nearly 50 TAWA journalists put vehicles to the test, evaluating five key pillars ~ exterior, interior, performance, value, and personal appeal. More than 45 vehicles competed in 12 classes. Way to go Toyota!
DECATUR, TEXAS (April 18, 2018) – Toyota took home top hardware at this year’s Texas Auto Writers Association’s (TAWA) Texas Auto Roundup and earned first-place spots with 2019 Avalon (Full-Size Car), 2019 Corolla Hatchback (Compact Car), and 2018 Camry (Mid-Size Car). Additionally, Avalon won TAWA’s award for Best New Interior.
The event, held at Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur, Texas, included two days of in-depth test driving on the scenic closed course. Nearly 50 TAWA journalists put vehicles to the test, evaluating five key pillars – exterior, interior, performance, value, and personal appeal. More than 45 vehicles competed in 12 classes.
“To have the new Avalon, Corolla Hatchback, and Camry recognized as the best of Texas by TAWA is truly an honor,” said Lisa Materazzo, Vice President of Vehicle Marketing and Communications at Toyota. “These three compelling new products continue to show our commitment to passenger cars, our dealers, and our guests.”
The Avalon, Corolla Hatchback, and Camry were the highlight in their individual categories with designs, features, and performance capabilities that clearly distinguished them from their competition.
Underpinned by a Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform, and powered by a fuel-efficient, 301-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 or Toyota Hybrid System (THS II) powertrain, the 2019 Toyota Avalon embodies consumers’ overarching desire for high-caliber, design-centric, technologically-savvy modes of attainable, premium transportation.
To its menu, Avalon mixes a bevy of Toyota-firsts such as standard Apple CarPlay and Dynamic Auxiliary Turn Signals, available authentic Yamaha wood and aluminum cabin accents, and Engine Sound Enhancement. In addition, drivers will appreciate the standard passive and active safety benefits through Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P), as well as athletic handling thanks to its available Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS), also a Toyota first, that, quite positively, has Avalon out-performing its peers.
The 2019 Corolla Hatchback, in either SE or XSE grades, is all about making a huge impression. With its lengthy list of standard features that includes Entune 3.0 with Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa Connectivity, a revised sport-tuned suspension and TNGA platform, and the first North American application of Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, Corolla Hatchback strikes a resounding chord with drivers who value authenticity, utility, practicality, and style.
The 2018 Toyota Camry – with its new TNGA platform, double-wishbone style multi-link rear suspension, and stylish design – has a sleeker profile that offers improved aerodynamics, a lower center of gravity, and a more rigid body, allowing for a more comfortable and stable ride. In addition, engineers incorporated a number of new noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) countermeasures that were previously found exclusively on luxury models such as sound-absorbing insulation in the hood and upper and lower fender separator, as well as foam/vibration dampening materials throughout the vehicle. The driver-focused design also features the highest grade of soft touch and premium materials on all surfaces of the cabin.
- Designed and Assembled in the U.S.A., Five Generations Strong
- New V6 and Toyota Hybrid System Powertrains Offering More Power and MPG
- New TNGA K Sedan Platform with Multi-Link Rear Suspension and Available Toyota-First Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)
- Standard Entune 3.0 with WiFi Hotspot, Qi Wireless Charging, Toyota Remote Connect with Smartwatch and Amazon Alexa Connectivity, and Apple CarPlay
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P)
- On Sale in Late Spring 2018
- All-New High-Function, Dynamic Design
- New TNGA 2.0-liter Four-Cylinder, Six-Speed iMT Manual Transmission, and Dynamic-Shift CVT Offering More Power and MPG
- New TNGA Platform with Sport-Tuned Suspension
- Standard Entune 3.0 Audio with 8-inch Touchscreen, Wi-Fi Connect, Amazon Alexa, and Apple CarPlay Compatibility
- First North American Application of Standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0
- On Sale in Summer 2018
- New Emotionally-Charged Design and Performance Experience
- Aggressive Exterior Character Lines and Low Center of Gravity
- 3.5-liter V6 DOHC 24-Valve D-4S Dual Injection with Dual VVT-i
- Entune 3.0 Audio Plus with JBL w/Clari-Fi, Connected Navigation Scout and App Suite — includes 8-in. touch-screen, with Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging
- 10-in Color Head-Up Display, 7-in TFT Multi-Information Display with customizable settings
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P)