PICNICS, PARADES and FIREWORKS, oh my!!! The fun and celebratory traditions of Independence Day can be both frightening and potentially risky for your pet. In an effort to keep make the 4th of July holiday a great time for all, here are a few simple tips and precautions to keep in mind and keep pets (and their people) safe and stress-free:
1) Keep Tabs on Your Pet: According to the American Humane Association, July 5th is the busiest day of the year for U.S. animal shelters, due to pets getting lost (due mostly to fear-based escapes during loud fireworks or loud parties). Guaranteed on Board®, helps you know the exact location of your pet 24/7, communicating through a real-time, Bluetooth®-enabled community-based network. Priced at $19.99 with no monthly fees and a long-lasting battery life,Pawscout is a convenient and affordable solution for peace of mind.
2) Create a “Safe Zone” for your furry friends: Whether traveling with your pet for the holiday by car, by train or by plane, or even if you plan to stay at home to celebrate, create a “den”-like place where your pet feels comfortable and safe from chaos and noise. SHERPA® Carriers, Totes and Crash-Tested in-car safety harnesses offer innovative of function and style for around the block or around the world, backed with the Guaranteed on Board® promise. The washable faux lambswool liner, four mesh panels for ventilation and privacy flaps make it perfect for an at home hideout as well.
3) Keep them Close: Arriving guests and large crowds are always a challenge with even the most obedient dogs.SHERPA®’s Collar with Built-In Leash and SHERPA® Harness with Built-In Leash are a great solution for quick and comfy control. Crafted from a waterproof nylon and strong & durable PatentoFlex® elastic, both come in numerous sizes to fit any size pooch.
4) Keep them Calm: The chaos that surrounds America’s birthday can put even the most laidback pets on edge. Look to an all natural, calming supplemental chew such as Green Coast Pet’s Full-Spectrum Hemp Chews for Dog & Cats, which promotes relaxation and calmness for your pet.
5) Treat them Well: Changes in your pet’s diet can wreak havoc on their systems and many times picnic scraps can be irresistible. Make sure you have some treats on hand, such as Taste Buddies™ 100% USA Dog Treats from Loving Pets. These made-in-the-USA, grain-free treats feature classic American flavoring with a twist!! The twist shape provides dental benefits as well, by helping clean teeth, remove tartar and massage gums. Flavor combos such as Hamburger + Fries, Mac + Cheese, Peanut Butter + Jelly and Bacon + Egg, Taste Buddies are sure to make your dog bark for more.