Spring is finally here and with it comes the warmer weather, baseball and let’s not forget Spring Cleaning! Fortunately, these days we have tons of resources to help us declutter our homes, including Facebook Marketplace.
Not only is Facebook a place where people talk about Spring Cleaning, but within Facebook Marketplace more people than ever are selling items they no longer need and buying pieces to organize and refresh their spaces. Today, over 700 Million people a month worldwide turn to Facebook Marketplace for buying and selling.
Below are a few tips on how to make the most of your Spring Refresh with Facebook Marketplace, the one place on Facebook that makes it easy to buy, sell, and discover items right in your community!
- Go on a photo scavenger hunt!
- Make a plan and start your Spring Cleaning with one room at a time, such as a closet, bedroom, or kid’s playroom.
- Open up Marketplace on your Facebook app and simply take a photo on a clear background, describe your item, set your price and you’re done!
- Use the extra cash to refresh and organize your space
- Now that you’ve decluttered, use the extra cash to organize and refresh your space with Marketplace – discover and shop for things like shelves, shoe racks, a new area rug or lamp and much more. Plus, searching within your local community makes picking up those items easy and convenient.
- If you’re looking for something specific you can find it by searching at the top and filtering your results by location, category or price.
- Get ready to enjoy the spring season
- Take advantage of the new warmer months to come with a new set of outdoor furniture for your deck, porch, or patio. You can even set a notification so you’ll be the first to know when someone in your area lists the type of item you want.
- This is the time to bring the outdoors in. Marketplace is a great destination to shop for pre-loved plants to fill your newly refreshed space with nature.
- Fresh season, fresh start. Use the cash from your spring clean selling to get some new gear and take up that hobby you’ve been putting off trying.
Do you use Facebook Marketplace to declutter or to sell unwanted items? Tell us about your experience with Facebook Marketplace in the comments below!