We know two things to be true today (from research):
- Traditional drinks are enjoying a resurgence
- Going out is no longer in
While that last statement might be a bit of a stretch, the data is clear — spirits drinkers are now apter than ever to choose to drink at home, while still seeking the craft, premium cocktail experience that you get when going out. On top of this, people are opting for long-established cocktails, but cocktail creation takes time, skill and a long list of ingredients.
But today, there are other alternatives for high-quality cocktails that require a fraction of the effort:
- Created by Christian “Doc” Pepe himself, Doc Pepe’s Lab ingredients are made in small batches in his California lab
- Barrel-aged cocktails taste better than “freshly made” as the aging process not only adds flavor but contributes to the texture, making it smoother.
- Doc sources barrels based on their previous contents, which enhance the cocktails’ flavor.
- Unlike many ready to drink cocktails on the market, Doc Pepe’s Lab is made with high-quality, all-natural ingredients.
Doc Pepe’s Lab barrel-aged, ready to drink cocktails is unique in their level of craftsmanship and authenticity. Christian “Doc” Pepe barrel-ages the entire cocktail blend in full-size barrels, which are sourced and chosen for their previous contents that enhance the flavor of the cocktail.
The individual Liqueurs and spirits that are used as ingredients in the cocktails are made in-house, which gives us more control over the final product. The liquid in the bottles is full strength, meaning it is meant to be diluted for serving. This gives the end-user multiple options for diluting/chilling the cocktail.
The cocktail recipes come from Doc’s experience in mixology, bartending and tasting drinks around the world. The recipes for the ingredients like the gin, vermouth, and bitter liqueur were painstakingly developed through extensive research and experimentation.
Doc Pepe’s Lab is available for purchase on docpepeslab.com. It’s also available in a few Carmel-by-the-Sea liquor stores.