Guacamole is always a favorite snack in my household. We love avocados, but sometimes it’s good to experiment a little with your favorite recipes. In doing so, you may just find an amazing taste, still using your original ingredients, but with a little KICK!
I added a little tequila to our guacamole and it is awesome! Here is the recipe if anyone wants to give it a try:
- 4 fully ripened avocados (halved, pitted and peeled)
- 2 ounces white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 ounces jalapenos, or your favorite pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 ounces pickled carrots (finely chopped)
- 2 ounces tequila (any brand)
- 2 ounces vinegar (best if used from pickled jalapenos)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Oregano (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Mix the jalapeno, carrots, onion, lime juice, oregano, vinegar and tequila.
- Marinate for 2-3 minutes
- Mash the avocado with a fork or masher
- Mix the avocado and marinade together, add salt and olive oil.
Serve with your favorite chips and enjoy!