Summer is the time for fun in the sun, vacations and lots of tasty, refreshing food and drinks. While I provide a variety of non-alcoholic drinks for the kids to enjoy, I also like to have a few boozy selections for the adults to enjoy during vacation or summertime gatherings.
Whether you’re hosting a summer party or just need to cool off on a hot day, a yummy cocktail is always a great idea. Mixing up your favorite cocktails, especially when using summer ingredients like strawberries, blueberries and watermelone, can be fun but there are also a few Canned Cocktails that are worth including in your summer activities. Canned Cocktails are super easy and convenient to take to the beach, or a backyard gathering with friends and there are so many flavors to choose from! Here are a few of my favorite:
Seagram’s Summer Tea Jam
- 2 ounces Seagram’s Sweet Tea Vodka
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 1 bar spoon strawberry jam
Method: Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake hard to chill and combine ingredients. Strain into your glass over fresh ice. Garnish & Enjoy!
Watermelon Salty Dog
- 2 ounces Seagram’s Watermelon Vodka
- 4 ounces grapefruit juice
- Salt (for rim)
Method: Rim your glass with salt and add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients Strain into your glass over fresh ice. Garnish & Enjoy!
- 1.5 oz Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
- 1 oz Vanilla simple syrup *
- .75 oz Fresh lime juice
- .75 oz Fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
- Topo Chico Mineral Water
- Ruby Red Grapefruit slice for garnish
*Vanilla simple syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
Pineapple & Blackberry Margarita
- 2 ounces Corralejo Reposado
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce agave syrup
- 5 fresh blackberries
- Salt (for rim)
Method: Salt the rim of your glass and add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients and strain into your glass over fresh ice. Garnish & Enjoy!
The Deep Daly
- 1 part Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka
- 1 part Fresh Lemonade
- Splash of club soda
Method: Mix all ingredients in a glass. Garnish and enjoy!
Strawberry Mint Julep (Bridge House Tavern Chicago)
- 1.5 oz Slow & Low Rock and Rye 84 proof
- 3/4 oz St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 3/4 oz strawberry puree
- 1/2 oz mint simple syrup
- Top with soda
- Garnish with mint
Method: Mix all ingredients in a glass. Garnish with mint and enjoy!
Blueberry Ginger Mule
Creator: Laurie Harvey, Cherry Pie Hospitality Group
- 1 oz Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka
- 1 oz Deep Eddy Straight Vodka
- 2 oz Blueberry cordial*
- Goya Ginger Beer
Directions: Combine all ingredients with in a copper mug filled with crushed ice.
- 1 lb. frozen blueberries
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup white vinegar
Directions: Combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and blueberries burst. Cool and strain.
Bluth’s Fortune (available at Dino’s Tomato Pie in Seattle, WA)
- 2 oz Novo Fogo Chameleon
- 0.5 oz Giffard Creme de Banane
- 0.5 oz coconut cream
- 1 oz passionfruit syrup
- 3 dashes Scrappy’s Aromatic Bitters
Method: Mix all ingredients in glass. Garnish and enjoy!
Woodford Reserve Bourbon Stone Sour
- 2.oz Woodford Reserve distiller’s select
- ¾ oz orange juice
- ½ fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ oz sorghum simple syrup
- Woodofrd Reserve Bourbon Barrel Aged Cherry
- Woodford Reserve Spiced Cherry Bitters
Combine Woodford Reserve distiller’s elect, sorghum syrup, orange juice and lemon juice in an iced shaker and shake well. Strain into rocks glass over a spherical ice ball. Dash in the cherry bitters and drop in the barrel aged cherry. Enjoy!