What do you have planned for Mother’s Day?
There’s no one quite like Mom, even if that person is a Grandmother, Aunt, Mother-in-Law, or Sister…this is the one day out of the year to honor and celebrate all that she does. This year, mix up a few delicious cocktails to sip while enjoying your Mother’s Day!
WTRMLN Water Margarita (Serves 6)
- 4 – 12 oz bottles of WTRMLN WTR+Strawberry
- ½ cups fresh lime juice
- 1 cup silver tequila(optional)
- Sea salt (for lining rim)
DIRECTIONS: Combine WTRMLN WTR, lime juice, tequila and a handful of ice to a pitcher, stir well to combine. Line the rim glasses with lime juice and sea salt (optional). Add ice and pour over margaritas.
Basil Hayden’s® Rosemary Sour Punch Bowl ~ By Matt Sharp (Austin, TX)
- 1 bottle of Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 10 parts Simple Syrup
- 10 parts Lemon Juice
- 30 dashes Aromatic Bitters
- Sprig of Rosemary (for garnish)
Combine all ingredients into a large punch bowl with 4 cups of ice. Slice lemons into wheels and add to bowl. Stir to chill and ladle into Collins glass with a rosemary sprig.
Knob Creek® Orange Blossom
- 1 ½ part Knob Creek® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- ½ part DeKuyper® Triple Sec,
- 1 part orange juice
Method: Combine in a shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with an orange slice.
Laphroaig® First Bloom
- 1 part Laphroaig® Select Scotch Whisky
- 3/4 part Apple Brandy
- 1 tsp Dark Maple Syrup
- 2 Dashes Angostura® Bitters
- Lemon Twist (for garnish)
Method: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and stir until slightly chilled but still boozy. Strain into an old fashioned glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with a lemon twist.
EFFEN® Spring Breeze
- 2 parts EFFEN® Cucumber Vodka
- 1 part Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 part Pineapple/Basil-Infused Simple Syrup*
- 2 Cucumber Slices
In a mixing glass, muddle 2 cucumber slices. Add vodka, lime juice and simple syrup and shake with ice. Strain into a tall Collins glass filled over ice and top with soda. Garnish with cucumber slices.
- * Pineapple/Basil Syrup:
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Fresh Pineapple Cubed
- 8 Basil Leaves
Combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil,
and then add basil leaves and pineapple chunks to simple syrup. Let infuse for 1 hour.