Did you know that The Oxford Dictionary first defined the word “cocktail” on May 13th, 1806?
Since that day the word ‘cocktail’ has become embedded in our drinking vocabulary as the drinks are widely accessible with their ingredients easy to adapt to suit every taste. In case you don’t know and are wondering what exactly defines a cocktail, it refers to a drink that contains two or more ingredients with at least one of the ingredients being alcohol.
Not sure how to get your stir and pour on today? Take a look at the recipes below.
Malibu Lime Mojito
- 2 parts Malibu Lime
- .75 parts Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 parts Soda water
- 10 Mint leaves
- Method: Add mint leaves to a chilled highball glass and fill with ice cubes, Add Malibu Lime, and fresh lime juice. Top up with soda water and garnish with a mint sprig.
MSRP: $13.99 for 750mL and $21.99 for a 1.75L
Martell Blue Cider Swift
- 1 part Martell Blue Swift
- 2 parts Apple cider
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Method: Place a few ice cubes into the shakers. Pour Blue Swift, apple cider, and bitters. Shake ingredients together and pour into a wine tumbler. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
MSRP: : $49.99
Jameson Cold Brew-tini
- 2 parts Jameson Cold Brew
- 1 part cold brew
- .5 parts simple syrup
How to Make: Shake with ice, strain, and pour into martini style glass.