With spring comes warmth and festivities, and in just a few days we will be celebrating Cinco de Mayo across the country. Don’t let Cinco de May come and go without taking a peek at these five tips to better enjoy the fiesta!
- Food is key. Whether it’s tacos, quesadillas or tamales, a few Mexican dishes are a must. A simple option that everyone loves is guacamole– just chop and mix avocado, onion, tomato and chili pepper, and add salt and lemon to taste.
- A radiant and contagious smile. Add cheer and enthusiasm to the party with your smile. To maintain a white smile use Colgate Optic White Platinum High Impact White toothpaste, which delivers 4 shades of visibly whiter teeth in 6 weeks.
- A history lesson. This holiday pay tribute to the Battle of Puebla in 1892 in Mexico, where nearly 4,500 Mexican soldiers defeated 6,500 French soldiers.
- Decorate the party. Your best options are bright and vibrant colors. Take inspiration from the Mexican flag: red, green and white. And don’t forget piñatas, sombreros, streamers, and sarapes.
- Music and dancing. Whether you play Mexican pop or mariachi, create an ambiance, embrace the music and let yourself feel the rhythm.
To keep the party going, make sure you have Colgate Optic White on hand so that you too can look your best this Cinco de Mayo.
Disclosure: I received products in exchange for this post, however, all of my opinions are entirely my own.