Basil Hayden’s welcomed the official launch of it second Limited Time Offering, Basil Hayden’s Two by Two Rye!
The newest expression blends two Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskies and two Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskies, creating a best of both liquid that encompasses the spiciness of rye, complemented by the sweetness of bourbon. The new innovation challenges the status quo and encourages fans to discover the versatility of rye, especially as interest in the category continues to grow.
Best enjoyed sipped neat or on the rocks, Basil Hayden’s Two by Two Rye features the following characteristics:
- Proof: 80
- Color: Golden Honey
- Aroma: Rich caramel and brown sugar with a sumptuous, woody rye flavor profile
- Body: Smooth, medium-bodied
- Taste: A balanced blend of sumptuous rye and brown sweets with an ample woody accent
- Finish: A pleasant, long lingering warmth
- Blend Overview: An intriguing blend of 5-year-old Kentucky Straight Rye, 7-year-old “high-rye” Kentucky Straight Rye, 13-year-old Kentucky Straight Bourbon, 6-year old Kentucky Straight Bourbon
Basil Hayden’s Two by Two Rye is officially available nationwide, with a suggested retail price of $44.99 for a 750ml bottle.
About Basil Hayden’s®
Basil Hayden’s is known for standing out in the crowd. The distinctive flavor of Basil Hayden’s Bourbon was originally inspired by the legend of a family recipe said to date back to 1796 when Master Distiller Basil Hayden Sr. broke ‘the rules’ by mixing the spiciness of rye with the smoothness of corn to create a light-bodied, mixable and smooth bourbon. Today, Basil Hayden’s is crafting its own story by providing a welcoming, yet versatile sipping experience for whiskey drinkers of all taste levels to share with friends and family. Beyond its flagship Basil Hayden’s Bourbon, the brand has pushed the boundaries of innovation in recent years, specifically exploring the unique taste profile of rye. These intriguing offerings have included the 2017 limited-edition release of Basil Hayden’s® Rye Whiskey and the permanent addition of Basil Hayden’s® Dark Rye.