Another extraordinary Disney movie has arrived for home entertainment ~ Disney's The BFG!
The BFG unites the talents of three of the world's greatest storytellers ~ Roald Dahl, Walt Disney, and Steven Spielberg ~ to bring to life the classic tale of a courageous little girl named Sophie and a gentle and charming Big Friendly Giant who introduces her to the wonders and perils of Giant Country.
Families and Friends will be swept away, just as my family was, by this spectacular adventure and will also be impressed and delighted by the extensive bonus features, including a behind-the-scenes look at the making of "The BFG." According to Mr. Spielberg, "It's a story about friendship, it's a story about loyalty and protecting your friends and it's a story that shows that even a little girl can help a big giant solve his biggest problems."
I completely agree with Mr. Spielberg's description of The BFG...my family and I watched the movie together and laughed together at certain scenes while empathizing with the characters in other parts of the movie. The life lessons are wonderful just as they always are in a Disney film which is another reason why I encourage my children to watch Disney and why I love watching the movies with them! The BFG will definitely not disappoint any audience and is one that I highly recommend adding to your home entertainment collection.
Bonus Features Included:
Blu-ray and Digital HD:
- Bringing "The BFG to Life ~ Ruby Barnhill hosts a phizz-whizzing journey through the making of "The BFG." This behind the scenes documentary details the film's progression through interviews with Roald Dahl's daughter Lucy Dahl, screenwriter Melissa Mathison, executive producers Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Kristie Macosko Krieger, and numerous members of the talented cast and crew.
- The Big Friendly Giant and Me ~ Sophie wasn't the first "bean" in Giant Country...many illustrations were created as is drawn by a little boy who was there long before Sophie. This charming in-world short will bring to life with animation and narrations, recounting the friendship and the dreams shared between the boy and the Big Friendly Giant.
- Gobblefunk: The Wonderful Words of The BFG ~ A whoopsy-splunkers tutorial on the meaning of the gloriumptious gobblefunk in "The BFG."
- Giants 101 ~ Jemaine Clement and Bill Hader introduce us to the loathsome giants in "The BFG," along with movement choreography/motion capture performer Terry Notary, who collaborated with the actors and Director Steven Spielberg prior to filming to develop their movements and character traits.
- Melissa Mathison : A Tribute ~ An homage to Melissa Mathison, the extraordinary, Oscar-nominated screenwriter of "The BFG" and "E.T." whose talent and heart were as immense as the giants in "The BFG."