Every hostess knows the winning combination for an incredible Game Day party is a mix of great food, great drinks and great friends. What's no so great is the high-calorie food and beer that leave you feeling like a lineman the next day!
Fortunately for those of us who would prefer to keep our party refreshments low-calorie, Bethenny Frankel and Skinnygirl Cocktails have the playbook for guilt free Game Day entertaining with cocktail alternatives to beer and a healthy chili recipe that everyone can agree is absolutely delicious. So, no matter which team you're rooting for, have the food and drink that you love and make the day one to remember!
- 1 1/2 parts Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka
- 3 parts diet tonic water
- Lime for garnish
Preparation: Pour all ingredients over ice and garnish with a lime.
- 1 part Skinnygirl Tangerine Vodka
- 1/2 part grenadine
- 1 part orange juice
- Splash of pineapple juice
- Lime slice for garnish
Preparation: Shake all ingredients with ice and pour into a glass. Garnish with a lime slice.
Bethenny's Healthy Half-Time Chili
- 1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small can pureed tomatoes
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 pound ground turkey breast (omit if vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup canned red pinto beans
- Saute onions over medium/high heat in a non-stick pan with non-stick spary and add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, minced garlic, red pepper, yellow pepper (one color is fine as well,)
- When vegetables are soft, add pureed tomatoes
- Add zucchini
- When vegetables are cooked, add either ground turkey breast and/or red pinto beans. For vegetarian version, skip the turkey. It is even delicious without the red pinto beans!
- Add salt and pepper to taste.