So,you don't have tickets to the big game? Not a problem! Even without being there, you can enjoy the game with friends, family, plenty of team spirit and a great selection of food and drinks at your own Homegate Party! The NFL season is ready for kick off so it's definitely time to start planning the first homegate party of the year. To get started there are a few must-haves for a successful get together.
At a traditional tailgate party the food is a big part of the event just as it is for homegating. The key is to prepare easy to eat food like chips, dips, hot wings, and basically anything cooked on the grill!
Beer. Yes, for a lot of football fans, having plenty of beer on ice is a homegate essential. For those that prefer something else, be sure to have soda, bottled water and maybe a pitcher or two of margaritas! Yum!
Of course you will want to show your team spirit and there are some fun ways to do it. Wear your favorite team jersey, hat, jewelry or face paint in addition to decorating your home or yard. There is really no limit when it comes to supporting your team so use your imagination and host a party to remember.
- 70% of Americans prefer homegating to tailgating
- More than 1/3 of Americans use the half-time break as a time to check in on social media
- 23% prefer to toss a football around during half-time
- 15% turn off the TV and talk about things other than football during the break
- 29% like to replicate a sports bar and listen to music
- 36% of respondents chose their own father to be a commentator at their homegate party over well know commentators such as Jon Gruden (19%), Troy Aikman (21%) and Mike Ditka (24%).
- Respondents chose Will Farrell (57%) as the celebrity with whom they'd most like to watch a football game followed by Beyonce (16%), Donald Trump (14%), and Giselle Bundchen (13%).
- 46% of respondents homegate between 1 and 3 times each football season
- 14% of respondents homegate between 4 - 6 times per each football season
- 11% of respondents homegate more than 7 times each football season
hhgregg loves football season and knows how to host the ultimate homegate party. From grills to recliners, hhgregg has everything you need to create the ideal fan haven.To help get the season off to a great start hhgregg is offering one AWESOME reader a $100 Gift Card to use toward homegating preparation. Awesome!
To enter, simpy use the Rafflecopter form below. Open to residents of the US ~ 18 years or older. Ends 9/30/15
In addition to this hhgregg Gift Card Giveaway, they are holding an "Ultimate Fan Cave Sweepstakes." Fans can enter to win additional gift cards to make-over their fan caves by submitting photos of their current fan caves via Twitter and Instagram using: #FanCaveEntry and tagging @hhgregg to be in the running. Visit www.hhgregg.com/fan-cave for more details! Sweepstakes runs from 9/8 - 9/30/2015
Have a great season!a Rafflecopter giveaway