Summertime is a great time to cook outside on the grill and honestly I'd rather cook outside and avoid the added heat inside my house if at all possible.
Whether your cooking inside or outdoors there are a few things that you need when cooking meat and one vital tool is a meat thermometer. When it comes to the safety of my family, I'm always on top of things like make sure our meat is cooked properly. Even a simple mistake can cause serious illness like Salmonella. Did you know that all it takes is 15-20 cells in undercooked food to cause food poisoning? Yes, it's true! Some people simply "smell" the food, but that's not a true way to test for bacteria which is why we always use a good meat thermometer like this one from Cave Tools.
This meat thermometer is super accurate, small enough to carry in your pocket and a must-have summer cook-out tool to have. It's very easy to use and just takes a few seconds to tell you the temperature of your food.
- Approximately 48 million people in America get sick, 128,000 are hospitalized and 3,000 die from food-borne diseases.
- Leftovers should only be stored in airtight containers for quick cooling and to prevent contamination. Never allow food to cool at room temperature.
- Many food poisoning incidents could be avoided by people washing their hands often when preparing and handling food.
- Washing meat and poultry does not remove bacteria. It's possible that it's only causing cross-contamination.
- The only way to kill bacteria is to cook all meat, poultry and seafood to proper temperatures.
Those are just a few reason that my family uses a meat thermometer and will continue to do so...do you need any more reason? Nope! Just remember that no matter what you're preparing or cooking, always keep safety in mind and take the right precautions for you and your family.
Disclosure: I received the above product for review purposes, however, all opinions are entirely my own.