Every skin is different. And as much as you want to find a natural product that works for all skin types, you won't. To find the one that works for you, you have to experiment. Test out different products until you discover the one that does the trick for your skin. You need to listen to your body.
The Internet is overwhelmed with websites giving you loads of information about natural products and skin care. Basically, there are as many tips on what not to do/use as what to do/use. Finding out what works for your skin can be a little bit difficult.
Here we offer a few tips on natural skin care. We don't promise they will work for all of you because, as we said before, there is no universal remedy for everyone, we are different creatures. But you can test it out to see if it does. We also want to mention that you may need to replace the products you use from time to time. As your skin changes over time it becomes necessary that you change the care routine.
Natural Skin Care Routine
1. Okay, so first things first, make sure you keep your skin clean. Even if you got back home late and all you want to do is go to bed, don't ever leave makeup or dirt on your face. Never go to bed without cleaning your skin first. Dirt and clogged pores can really ruin your skin.
2. When you wake up in the morning, a quick rinse of the face with lukewarm water will freshen the skin and remove any dead skin cells and other particles. But if you don't think that's efficient enough, here is another tip. Use raw honey. Just apply half a tablespoon of honey on your skin. Rinse well. Honey has antibacterial properties and helps clean the skin of your face. When you are done, apply jojoba oil. And that's it. These two products are just enough.
3. During the day you can also use this homemade toner recipe:
Mix together 1/3 of vinegar (of apple cyder) and 2/3 Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera. Apply the toner in the afternoon or in the evening.
So the three basic steps are:
* Wash your face in the morning (using honey or coconut oil)
* Apply natural toner to skin after that
* Be sure to clean your face well before going to bed
More about: Coconut oil
One of the best foods, that's also classified as “superfood”, the coconut oil has a number of health benefits for your skin as well. It's not only used in cooking, but in cosmetics too. Using coconut oil you can keep your skin moisturised and healthy. It is proved that the product can even protect your skin against UV rays. That's why it is used as sunscreen as well.
Note that if your skin is oily, it's not advisable to use coconut oil. This product is recommended for dry skin.
Use coconut oil every day after shower. Apply onto dry skin and let absorb completely. The more you use it, the more benefits for you.
There are a bunch of recipes for face masks that include honey. This natural product is good for moisturising. Apart from this, it has many other health benefits for your skin. First things first, honey has plenty of antioxidants, which means that the regular use of the product can help slow down ageing. Isn't that marvellous?
Second, honey is antibacterial. If you suffer from acne, that's the right product to use. Honey can both prevent and treat acne.
At last, honey helps clear your skin by opening up your pores. Quick DIY mask with honey: just layer the honey onto your face and let it work for about 25-30 minutes. Then simply rinse your face with water.
This article is a guest post by Shanon Gilborg from ShinyLondon SE2