Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
My son, Dominic has tried a few extra-curricular activities but his latest interest is martial arts so when I was able to try an online martial arts class for review I was very happy. Not only will Dominic be able to take the courses that he is interested in taking, but he will also get a taste of what martial arts is all about before I go through the process of signing him up, paying the monthly fees and transporting him to and from class.
This is the web's first Martial Arts for Kids MOOC (Massive Open Online Classroom). Although the primary benefit of training is to learn self defense, children will also gain in so many other areas of life.
- Respect ~ They will learn the protocols and meanings of the protocols and respect for oneself and others.
- Discipline ~ Children will be inspired to work hard and will thereby naturally develop self discipline.
- Physical Fitness ~ Shou' Shou' develops coordination, especially due to the large amount of cross lateral motions. This has been shown to enhance learning with children with ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia and other similar learning impairments.
- Anti-Bullying ~ Kids will learn to understand how to prevent bullying as well as determining threat level and appropriate responses.
- Fun ~ They will have fun and enjoy the classes!
Dominic has taken this course for a few weeks and although he hasn't finished it, he thoroughly enjoys learning online. His ADHD does prevent him from applying himself for as long as I would like, but he is gaining knowledge and his interest level is certainly there!
I would certainly recommend Udemy courses for anyone that is interested in taking online courses from the comfort of your own home.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.