Are you aware that there is a serious shortage of LIMES?
Mexico is experiencing an unprecedented lime shortage! Bars and restaurants may soon cut back on lime service and U.S. consumers now may be paying upwards of 53 cents for a single lime...Wow!
With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner and summer cocktails on the horizo, Hornitos Tequila has some survival tips to get you through this difficult time and learn to live without the ever-so-popular lime.
- Add a dash of Hornitos - Replace the lime in your favorite Mexican beer with a Hornitos Lime Shot for an extra kick of festive flavor.
- Switch up the garnish - Now is not the time to decorate your water or soft drinks with a lime. Get creative and squeeze a orange into your soft drinks for a twist, or go savory and garnish with pickled jalapenos.
- Get creative with your cooking - Substitute Hornitos Lime Shot in your favorite recipes for all the lime flavor you could ask for.
TEQUILA LIME SHRIMP RECIPE
- 1 lb large shrimp in shell (21 -25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Hornitos Lime Shot
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 3/4 cup crema or sour cream
In a mixing bowl, toss shrimp with green onions and 3/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper. Heat butter in a 12 inch heavy skillet over medium heat until foam subsides, then saute shrimp, turning until pink and just cooked through, 3 - 5 minutes. Reduce heat and add Hornitos Lime Shot and increase heat to medium high. Tilt skillet over gas burner to ignite Tequila. Cook, shaking skillet gently once or twice, until flames subside. Remove from heat and stir in crema. Serve sprinkled with chili powder.
Cue the Cucumber - For a refreshing treat, soak cucumbers in ice water overnight for a light flavored water beverage that is an alternate to water and lime.
Tequila shots live on ~ Hornitos Lime Shot elevates the salt and tequila and lime ritual by combining premium Hornitos Plata 100% agava liquid with the flavor or refresig lime and a hint of salt for a sinfully smooth and approachable shot!